Thursday, July 5, 2007

the weatherman...


Have you seen the raindrops streaking past the window?
Roll down the glass and feel them strike the puddles.
Know that tonight the dreams will come dark and heavy as you may try and sleep.
We parted ways today...
Only to meet tomorrow.
I didn't want to brave the water,
Or the grey skies,
Or the cold of the wet clothes,
To get myself to you...
I wasn't sure if you were there waiting for me to come and take my chair in your heart.
Let it be till the next monsoons when i may be sure that the waters won't reach me...
Or you...
Or the cat that was stuck on the ground floor railing.
Peering down at the swirls below.
So i didn't come.
Dream of the smell of earth and rain and running around empty hotel corridors...
Wondering why you kissed me.
Because we parted ways today...
Only to meet tomorrow.
Days have passed and the emptiness has grown while i wonder how your touch feels
On My skin through my clothes.
I look at your hands and wonder how it would be to hold them...
While lightning thunders outside.
I am not in love yet.
Or again.
For i don't know you...
Or the thoughts that streak your eyes when you look at me and talk of things you don't believe and can't imagine.
But you fit into my jigsaw like you always were there.
Look up at me and tell me that my dreams are nothing but reflections
That are becoming visions in your head...
While lightning thunders outside and the coffee becomes cold.
Haunt my days...
And let me be your darkness at nights that are passing...
Because we parted ways today...
And what if it rains tomorrow?

3 comments:

Elendil said...

Beautiful!

And I didn't know you had a blog! Excellent.

Shaapla said...

You have serious issues with water,yo. Ja na..ektu pa bhijiye aye.
I like what you've written. I shall later bug you incessantly to find out who this is about.


Him? Oh him. Him doesn't count. Ok?

Jhinuk said...

comment bout my blog..not me!!!