Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Every passing day, this becomes a play ground of excesses. As I rush towards borders with the rough wind scarring my face and the sun branding my skin, and I cling on to you just that much tighter. Bury my head on your shoulder and inhale deeply. I feel safe. Arguments pile up, conversations show serrated edges between our fingers. And you look at me with complete disbelief- How could you DO this? How could you ever imagine anything else?
I never imagined anything else. Never the anger, never the fear of having to lose any little bit of us. Just never seemed possible that you and I would be on opposite sides of any battle field anywhere. Leave alone this swings and slides of excesses. And I look at you- pouting- You didn’t let me swing. You grab my hand a little tighter and pull me away.
Tomorrow. I promise.

No comments: