Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Today.

Pathetic poetry patters.
Raindrops types, slithering down clouded windows on grey pigeons.
She texts me- There is a rainbow.
Where?
Not in my eyes. From here, 12 floors down I just see monkeys straddling the iron rods that are scaling the building face.
Baby monkeys. Mothers. Fathers perhaps.
I see you come in. This thought that had been hovering around gingerly for a while, shoves plans aside and makes a lot of empty space for itself. But it doesn't sit down.
Gets up. Wanders away.The gaping space staring at your face.
Punched clean away. Tears are burning my eyes.
I am screaming out inside.
And I am counting seconds to breathe this anger away. Scathing, bitter, fiery, hot anger- rushing up the nerves in my temples.
I stare down at the floor, nails cutting into my palms.
Peace.
Pathetic.
You. Me. Her.
Well. Even when I tear every action apart, fragment and deconstruct into the most honest acts- the scales are tilted.
The eternal battle for earth and sky. The darkening shadows in my eyes.
The bludgeoned to death lullaby.
Even the mice patter on wooden floors.

No comments: